Select one of the following that describes when and why you are filling out this form:
This assignment is in on time.
This assignment is in on time, being resubmitted due to a failed submission (I have a copy of the original submission).
This assignment is a corrected submission for half the missed credit.
This assignment is one day late and will lose 15%.
This assignment is more than one day late (half credit at best).
This assignment is late because of an EXCUSED absence.
This assignment is being resubmitted at the request of the teacher.
Horizon 2009- How many people can live on planet earth. First 30 minutes today, 20 tomorrow
1. How many people live on earth?
2. How much does the world’s population increase by each year?
3. Name two environmental problems that population density contributes to.
4. What does the UN predict the world’s population will be by mid century?
5. By 2050 which country will have overtaken China to become the most populated in the world?
6. Name two countries where population will shrink?
7. The parts of the world where the population will grow fastest are ?
8. Since 1890 how have the world death rates been reduced?
9. What fundamental ingredient for life are we running out of?
10. How many people on the planet lack access to safe water?
11. Within the next 20 years how many people will live in areas of water stress?
12. How much of the entire land surface is already being used to produce food?
13. What are the world’s richest countries acquiring from the very poorest?
14. Why are the MEDC’s using land in LEDC’s?
15. How many years will it take for Rwanda’s population to double?
16. On average how many children does each family in Rwanda have?