Select one of the following that describes when and why you are filling out this form:
This assignment is in on time.
This assignment is in on time, being resubmitted due to a failed submission (I have a copy of the original submission).
This assignment is a corrected submission for half the missed credit.
This assignment is one day late and will lose 15%.
This assignment is more than one day late (half credit at best).
This assignment is late because of an EXCUSED absence.
This assignment is being resubmitted at the request of the teacher.
Horizon 2009- How many people can live on planet earth.
Start the video at 23 minutes.
13. What are the world’s richest countries acquiring from the very poorest?
14. Why are the MEDC’s using land in LEDC’s?
15. How many years will it take for Rwanda’s population to double?
16. On average how many children does each family in Rwanda have?
17. How did food shortage contribute to the genocide in Rwanda?
18. How much oil do we use every day?
19. How much will energy demand increase by in the next two decades?
20. What is carrying capacity?
21. The earth’s population would need how many earths to support the world’s population with our current way of life?
22. What are the three ways we could reduce our impact on the earth?
23. What policy was adopted in China in 1979?
24. What did they encourage in the 1970’s in India to reduce the birth rate?
25. How does education help to reduce birth rates?
26. Across the world what fraction of married women don’t have access to contraception?
27. How many has the world’s population increased by during this program?